Article I. Name
Article II. Objectives
- The objectives of this organization shall be:
- To promote the professions of Librarianship and Education Media
- To raise the quality of community college library services
- To investigate library and media developments and practices in order to meet the needs of the instructional program
- To promote interlibrary cooperation
- To provide a means of idea sharing
- To promote fellowship and harmony among librarians and media specialists
- To encourage systematic recruitment into all phases of both professions
- To work cooperatively with the Library and Media Directors’ Council (LMDC) in matters of system-wide concern
- To promote integration and cooperation of library and media services into the college programs
Article III. Membership
Article IV. Officers
Article V. Elections
Article VI. Meetings
Article VII. Amendment
Article I. Membership
Any person wishing to affiliate with this organization may do so, and will be considered an associate member upon payment of annual dues.
Associate and honorary members shall not be voting members.
Article I-A. Dues
Two categories of dues shall be assessed. Institutional dues shall entitle all qualified professional staff to activate membership status without payment of any additional personal dues. Personal dues shall be accepted when individual community college libraries do not pay institutional dues.
Dues shall be based on the academic year and the amount shall be determined by the Executive Board prior to the preceding spring meeting. The rate of dues shall be determined based on a budget approved by the Executive Board. Libraries with separate library budgets shall be considered separate institutions, while a library branch which comes under the budget of its main library shall be included under the dues of the main institution.
Community college libraries shall be billed for institutional dues after July 1 each year.
Article II. Meetings
Regular meetings shall be as stated in Article VI of the Constitution.
Special meetings may be called by the President, the Executive Board, or by a call of 25 percent of the active membership.
Active membership present shall constitute a quorum at the regular business meeting. One-third of the total active membership shall constitute a quorum at a special meeting.
Article III. Duties of Officers
Section 1. President
The President shall preside at meetings, appoint committees, be responsible for the ongoing business of the organization, serve as a member of the Executive Board and shall be ex-officio member of all committees. The President or his or her designee shall serve as the representative to the Library and Media Directors’ Council.
Section 2. President-Elect
- Serves as President in the absence of the President, and shall immediately become President upon vacancy in the office of President;
- Serves as a member of the Executive Board;
- Serves as ex-officio member of those committees as designated by the President
- Represents CLAMS at LCC meetings if President unable to attend; submits report;
Amended Section 2 2015 Spring Business Meeting
Section 3. Secretary
- Serves as a member of the Executive Board
- Together with the President, prepares the agenda for business meetings;
- Takes minutes of business meetings;
- Archives business meeting agendas, minutes and other correspondence or official documents to Web Developer for publication to site;
- Together with the Web Developer, confirms and updates directories of librarians and library liaisons;
- Responsible for name-tags and sign-ins at business meetings;
Section 4. Treasurer
The Treasurer shall collect dues annually and be responsible for the accumulation and disbursements of all funds of the organization. The Treasurer shall maintain all financial records and shall serve as a member of the Executive Board. The Treasurer shall handle registration for meetings.
Section 5. Communications Officer
- Serves as a member of the Executive Board;
- Responsible for gathering articles and editing the CLAMS newsletter;
- Creates blog posts on website or sends newsletter to Web Developer for placement of articles on the web site and distribution to the listserv;
- Prepares and publishes Conference program and “save the date” notices;
- Communicates upcoming CLAMS events and activities; business meetings, calls for presentations, and conferences;
- Communicates regularly with Campus Liaisons;
Section 5 created and approved at 2015 Spring Business Meeting
Section 6. Web Developer
Position Description under development
SECTION 7. PAST PRESIDENT
- Serves on Executive Board
- Recruits volunteers to serve in the organization
The Executive Board shall consist of all officers, all chairs of committees as the President designates, and the Chair of the Library and Media Directors’ Council or a designee.
The Executive Board shall attend to the affairs of the organization between meetings.
Article V. Committees
Committees may be established by the President for the conduct of necessary business.
Standing committees may include Legislative, Labor Issues, Reference Librarians, Technical Services and/or Media Specialists. Standing committees may conduct annual elections of chairs at the Spring meeting.
Ad hoc committees may be established by the President for the conduct of necessary business.
Committee appointments shall be effective for the term of office of President unless otherwise designated. Article VI. Parliamentary Authority Robert’s Rules of Order, Revised, shall be the authority on questions of parliamentary procedure.